Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jared 'the Subway Guy' gains weight... and......

I saw the article about Jared Fogle, spokes person for Subway.

Well,(shrugs shoulders), I was surprised. (And hearing Janie Martinez's voice in my head, "Kira, why are you always surprised?" But, I am not sure how or why. It seemed Jared was at a weight that worked for him, for a long time.

In my humble opinion,like anyone--in the public eye or not--weight loss usually results in some weight gain. Health at Every Size is a great approach.

I guess what I feel bad about the most is the scrutiny he will have to endure, the one we all endure publicly or silently about size. His size, our size, the size of the guy sitting next to you on the subway--or at Subway. (I do not eat at any chain or fast food places, except for COFFEE at Starbucks, and Dunkin' Donuts. My own personal preferences.)

I don't know, just a small wave of sadness came over me. I guess it is just to show people that it is a continuous struggle for many people. No one is exempt. There so much more and good to do in life, and part of why I would like to see the success of FAT GIRLS FLOAT.

I just wish Jared all the best, and hope that kindness finds him instead of harsh words and negative jokes.

I hear the words of my friend Melissa Largen'Lovely say in one clip--"We're in this Fat Girl struggle, all of our lives." There is no escaping it, I guess, is one way to take her comment. But the only way you are free from it, is when you free yourself of the struggle of struggling against yourself. Alice Siebold said, "Save yourself or you remain unsaved."


Let me end with the words of Marianne Williamson that continue to inspire me daily:

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

--Kira Nerusskaya
New York City

1 comment:

  1. "Alice Siebold said, "Save yourself or you remain unsaved.""

    That is beautiful. I hope to learn how.

    ReplyDelete